Community Impact Agents (C.I.A)to Link Corporate and Social Entrepreneurship Worlds
Our Life Purpose - Help young people to lead lives with greater meaning, impact and purpose.
To help young people to use the magic of GROWTH MINDSET to achieving business, career and life success.
The company, inspiraComm, was established in December 2016 by Rashid Mat and Nurlina Hussin, a husband and wife team and parents of 3 children, who left their corporate jobs to start a social enterprise wanting to contribute more to others.
Since 2016 to 2017, they have been inspiring entrepreneurs via an online magazine titled inspiraC, publishing a total of 24 copies of to empower women and young people. As advocators of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), they also helped MaGIC and MBI to organise inspiraC bazaars to help entrepreneurs and social entrepreneurs to earn income by selling products and services to sustain businesses.
In 2017, they started a literacy programme as volunteers to help slow learner Orang Asli primary students to read and write in English and Bahasa languages. From 2018 onwards, they became coaches, trainers and mentors to help school students and youths instil life and study skills using Growth Mindset to help stimulate their interest in learning and character development to improve school attendance and drop-out rates to be future-ready.
2018 and Beyond:
Over the years, they have extended their educational programmes to include economic empowerment programmes. As a result, they started impacting 50 students, then the numbers grew 10 fold. Their passion is help more people including the underprivileged from the rural and urban poor communities in Malaysia and eventually to South East Asia.
The co-founders are certified trainers, speakers and mentors to help more individuals in different communities to thrive by using the magic of Growth mindset to achieve business, career and life success.
Received the Malaysian National Sustainability Recognition Award in 2019 and certified as Social Enterprise Basic by Ministry of Entrepreneur Development and Cooperatives (MEDAC).
In 2022, the co-founders showcased their social enterprise at the TBN Asia Social Enterprise Conference in Bali, Indonesia.
In 2023, inspiraComm was featured in MixFM national radio station and showcased their social enterprise to the Deputy Minister of Local Government Ministry.
Social Impact Reporting
As a Social Enterprise, Our Mission is:
Consultant, Speaker, Trainer & Social Entrepreneur
Rashid Mat is an architect, consultant, speaker and trainer with a commendable career of over 3 decades in the public and private sector including in corporate and social entrepreneurship.
In the past, he was the General Manager at Cyberview Sdn Bhd responsible for 5 portfolios covering business development, stakeholder relations, township planning and marketing communications for the development of Cyberjaya.
Now, he is the Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer leading an 8-year-old social enterprise from zero to a 6-figure company and has 9 years of training experience.
On his career achievements, he has experience preparing reports for meetings at Parliament of Malaysia, received the National Sustainability Recognition Award in 2019 and was one of the core team member in the development of Cyberjaya.
He has a Bachelor of Architecture degree from University of Arkansas, USA.
His passion is working with children and to train young people to use Growth Mindset to achieve business, career and life success. On a personal note, he is a dad of 3 and a football dad.
Other Career Achievements
1. Set-up marketing communications departments in corporate.
2. Organised community events in Cyberjaya for the residents, workers and students
3. Organised successful media events and briefings to create the awareness on Cyberjaya township.
4. Set-up a social enterprise from zero to achieving 6-figure revenue with international networking.
5. Mentor at IUMW, Politeknik Ungku Omar, Ipoh and Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM).
6. Guest speaker at the Book Exhibition organised by Majlis Bandaraya Petaling Jaya (MBPJ).
7. He was featured in the local media namely Astro Awani, Bernama TV, Selamat Pagi Malaysia and Malaysia Hari Ini as a spokesperson during his tenure at Cyberview Sdn Bhd.
8. He has experience organising an educational programme for school students in Sepang on digital storytelling in the Cerita Digital (CerDig) programme.
9. Growth Mindset Coach for PLD Sentul U15 football players.
1. Kursus Bina Negara (Kejurulatihan) 1993 – Biro Tatanegara Jabatan Perdana Menteri.
1. Sustainable Business Network 2018 – 2019.
Training Programmes Participated
1. Alumni of Social Entrepreneurship Training Hub (SETH) by Transformational Business Network (TBN) Asia, Singapore.
2. Participant of Moody’s Stimulating Entrepreneurship & Business Growth Programme 2023 by Asian Venture Philanthropy Network (AVPN).
Specialisation: Growth Mindset, Project Management and Leadership
Language: English and Malay
Author, Trainer, Speaker & Social Entrepreneur
Nurlina Hussin is a certified trainer, game-based learning practitioner and speaker with an impressive career of over 2 decades in corporate, education and social entrepreneurship.
In the past, she has led communications teams at managerial positions in various companies including top international schools in Kuala Lumpur, is an external examiner and industry panel advisor at Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) and Multimedia University (MMU) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. She is also a Co-founder and Chief Operating Officer who helped to scale-up her 8-year-old social enterprise from zero to a 6-figure company.
On her career achievements, she was an online magazine editor, newspaper weekly columnist and has received a token of appreciation from Malaysia’s former Prime Minister, Dato’ Ismail Sabri in 2022 for an entrepreneurship programme to empower Orang Asli women to increase community livelihood.
She has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Mass Communications at Curtin University, Perth, Australia and a Master’s degree in Communications and Media Studies at Monash University Malaysia.
Her passion is working with children and in helping young people to discover their potential to unlock their greatness in both professional and personal life. On a personal note, she is a mom of 3 and a football mom.
Other Career Achievements:
1. Set-up marketing communications departments in corporate and international schools.
2. Organised Garden International School’s 60th anniversary celebration including gala dinner.
3. Organised successful client briefings in Kuala Lumpur and Singapore.
4. Online magazine editor and newspaper columnist for Warta.
5. Set-up a social enterprise from zero to achieving 6-figure revenue with international networking.
6. Appeared on MixFM radio station.
1. Communication for Development (C4D) by UNICEF 2021
2. Dream Builder by Thunderbird School Global of Management and Arizona State University 2021
3. Game-based Learning Practitioner by DRB Hicom University 2022
4. Train the Trainer by HRD Corporation 2023.
5. International Certified Professional Trainer (ICPT) 2023.
1. Associate Member of Malaysia Association of Professional Speakers (MAPS).
2. Vice President of International Association of Business Communicators 2022/23.
Training Programmes Participated:
1. Alumni in 1st batch for Academy of Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) sponsored by US Embassy Kuala Lumpur.
2. Alumni of Social Entrepreneurship Training Hub (SETH) by Transformational Business Network (TBN) Asia, Singapore.
3. Participant of Moody’s Stimulating Entrepreneurship & Business Growth Programme 2023 by Asian Venture Philanthropy Network (AVPN).
Specialisation: Growth Mindset Communication and Social Entrepreneurship
Language: English and Malay